How will Google Algorithm Change affect your website?
Google next big update is going to target non-mobile friendly sites and is expected to roll out April 21, 2015, and roll out for a few days to a week.
This is a big one, and could affect a large portion of your web traffic and seo results.
In the last few years, mobile traffic has increased dramatically. It’s speculated that more than 50% of Google searches are performed on mobile.
Even Google is saying this update is going to have a bigger effect on search rankings than Panda or Penguin, the biggest updates Google has ever launched, as quoted by a member of Google’s Webmaster Trends team, Zineb Ait Bahajji at SMX Munich.
The problem is many sites are not responsive, meaning that they were only built for desktop computers and are hard to navigate on mobile devices.
Google doesn’t want to serve up results that are not mobile user friendly, so they are implementing a new algorithm change to demote sites that aren’t usable on phones and tablets.
Google has officially announced the update on April 21, 2015.
Now is the time to consider the numerous benefits of a fully integrated Mobile Website and that by not providing your customers with a mobile site you may have a negative impact on your overall online marketing strategy.
With over 67% of all searches now made from a mobile device it was only a matter of time before Google amended its algorithms to factor in the benefits of having a mobile website.
Mobile Website Key Benefits
- First Impressions are everything online
- Remember your customers are already mobile with over 67% of searches from mobile devices
- Potential customers are 60% more likely to abandon searches on non mobile sites
- 73% of Potential customers prefer an easy to use fully functional mobile website with no pinching or zooming
- Click to Call Allows a customer to call your business directly from mobile device
- Get more customers by simply getting mobile
- At MAWEBDESIGN we design and build cost effective mobile websites
- We also offer a bespoke service for ecommerce websites